Understanding IVF Insurance Coverage in California: Common Exclusions You Need to Know
Here are some key points to consider regarding IVF insurance coverage exclusions in California
1. IVF coverage in California is mandated by law:
California is one of 16 states in the United States that require some type of fertility treatment coverage, including IVF.
2. Coverage limitations and exclusions may apply:
Despite the fact that insurance policies must provide coverage for some types of fertility treatments, they may have exclusions and restrictions on IVF.
3. Pre-authorization requirements may apply:
Some insurance companies may need pre-authorization or other proof before covering IVF treatment.
4. Out-of-pocket costs can be significant:
Even if your insurance covers IVF treatment, there may be significant out-of-pocket expenses. They can include co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance.
5. Additional fertility treatments may be available
Intrauterine insemination (IUI), is a less expensive fertility treatment that may be a possibility for certain people.
6. Advocate for better coverage:
If your insurance plan includes IVF coverage limitations or exclusions, you may be able to advocate for better coverage.
If you want to know more about this story then click on the link given below: