Secondary Infertility in Men: Understanding Male Infertility Later in Life
Secondary infertility in men refers to a condition where a man, who was previously able to father a child, is now experiencing difficulty in achieving a pregnancy with his current partner.
Here are some key points to consider:
1. The term secondary infertility differs from primary infertility, which refers to couples who have never been able to conceive.
2. A decline in sperm quality or quantity is the most common cause of secondary infertility in men.
3. Besides hormonal imbalances, infections, and injuries, smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use are other potential causes of secondary infertility in men.
4. In men, sperm quality tends to decline with age, which also contributes to secondary infertility.
5. Secondary infertility symptoms in men should be treated with medical advice and fertility testing to identify any underlying causes.
6. In vitro fertilization (IVF) and intrauterine insemination (IUI) are two assisted reproductive technologies that may be used for men with secondary infertility.
If you want to know more about this story then click on the link given below: