Fertility Preservation for Cancer Patients: How to Preserve Fertility Before Cancer Treatment
1. Before starting cancer treatment, discuss fertility preservation options with your oncologist and fertility specialist.
2. It may be a good idea to freeze your eggs or embryos before undergoing chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or surgery.
3. Men who want to preserve their fertility before receiving cancer treatment can use sperm banking.
4. An ovary tissue freeze is another experimental option for women, in which a small piece of the ovary is removed and frozen for later use.
5. The ovaries or testes may be protected by use of medications such as gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists.
6. It may be necessary to delay cancer treatment for a short period of time in order to undergo fertility preservation procedures.
7. Depending on an individual's age and medical history, fertility preservation may not always be successful.
If you want to know more about this story then click on the link given below: